The Thompson Local News

Manitoba Liberal Party Calls For Inquiry Into Death Of Man In Thompson 10 Years Ago 

The Manitoba Liberal Party is calling for a public inquiry into the death of a man who died ten years ago as the result of exposure to poisonous gas here Thompson. 

 

David Fifi was working at Comstock Canada as a boilermaker here in Thompson, where he suffered multiple accidental exposures to poisonous gases that lead to his death. 

 

His death was originally determined to have been caused by a heart attack, which Doctor Peter Markestyn says is not the case following a review of the evidence. 

 

Liberal leader Dougald Lamont says that the government has an obligation to ensure that people work in safety and get home alive, and added that the Fifi family and others deserve more than answers 

 

He said that an inquiry is needed to understand why the previous NDP government, and others, "ignored and abandoned David and his co-workers". 

 

A release from the Liberal Party says that there is evidence to suggest that there may have been other incidents and many other workers affected.  

Weather

Visitor Poll

What is your favorite summer treat?
Add a Comment
(Fields are Optional)

Your email address is never published.

"Your" Calendar

July

S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31