This year in Thompson, First Nations, Inuit and Métis people from our region will gather at MacLean Park on June 21st to celebrate with traditional dancing, songs, art and food.
It is a fun-filled day for the whole family to enjoy together and is also an opportunity to learn more about Indigenous people and their contributions to Canada and to have all share in their celebrations.
The MKO National Indigenous Peoples Day Planning committee is once again preparing to bring the celebrations alive in our community with the following;
* Sunrise ceremony- 4:45 am
* Pancake & Sausage Breakfast- 9:00 am ·
* Dunk Tank
* Possible Misting & Cooling Station- The Fire Department [ waiting on confirmation ]
* Free Hot Dogs- 12:00 Pm
* Children’s Activities & Bouncy House
* Pow Wow Demonstration
* Tipis-Showcasing the Cultural Aspect of Indigenous People
* Craft Tables [ all people are welcome to bring their crafts and set up a table at no charge]
* Booths- Local Businesses/other can set up a booth for information to the public
* Many More activities-TBD