There is an event taking place tomorrow for those who are coping with job loss, uncertainty or instability.
The joint Vale/United Steelworks Local 6166 Workforce Adjustment Committee, in partnership with the Northern Manitoba Sector Council, is hosting three information sessions at the Steelworks Local 6166 Union Hall.
The event is for those who are feeling worried, overwhelmed or are having difficulty coping with their current work situation and those who support them.
The sessions, which are completely free, will feature presentations from local service providers. Below is a list of those who will be presenting:
- Sam Comeau (Canadian Mental Health Association)
- Mary Demare (Thompson Crisis Centre)
- Jennifer Whalen (Northern Regional Health Authority)
- Stephanie Third (Mood Disorders Manitoba)
- Leslie Allard (Addictions Foundation of Manitoba)
- Gina Brightnose (Vale EFAP / Horizons)
There will be a morning session at 8:00am, an afternoon session at 2:00pm and an evening session at 8:00pm.
The sessions are open to anyone who wants to attend and do not require pre-registration.